Sunday, June 28, 2009

Yay!

I was swimming through all of the business tips threads on etsy.com, and one suggested that you convert everything to free shipping. Apparently a woman had trouble selling a very nice vase at $20 with $10 shipping. She changed it to a $30 vase with free shipping and it jumped into someone's cart immediately.

Since I offer international shipping, I carefully added "in usa" to free shipping, but I started converting the items in my shop accordingly. Starting with all of my miniatures, and I am happy to say that I've sold some of my favorite mini foods because of it! Remember the allow for the 3.5% that etsy takes of a sale if you're going to insert shipping into the actual price. Besides that I can't think of a reason to not do this with smaller items.

The watermelon slices were one of the first things I made that were fit to sell, and anyone who saw them in person swooned over them, but not a single slice sold online. Until today! I'm so happy to be shipping some out finally. The watermelon batch was a large one so if you're interested the listing has been renewed.



So if you're having trouble selling, try the free shipping method! I'll keep you all posted if it keeps working for me!

I'm off to work on my commission :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's all about presentation isn't it?
This is something to think about, since the post office keeps raising its prices.

I want to eat the watermelon slices,
you made them look so delicious!

Magnolia Fern Studios said...

I'm glad you liked them, the person who ordered them turned out to be a nonbuyer.

I've since switched back to the old way of pricing to help people who buy a number of my items at once.